Italian Art Society “Campaign For 500″ Launches Today!
Today we launch the Italian Art Society (IAS) “Campaign for 500.” Now through 31 December 2015 we aim to have at least 35 new or renewing lapsed members, which will bring our membership to an historic high of 500. But why stop there? Join or renew your membership today to enjoy the benefits of our ever wider network of Italophiles as we aim for 500 members and beyond.
Founded in 1987, the Italian Art Society is dedicated to the study of Italian art and architecture from prehistory to the present. In addition to IASblog, which brings news of all things Italian to its readers on a daily basis (thank you for following us), our varied programs include the following:
- Sponsored sessions and receptions at a number of conferences including the annual meetings of the College Art Association, the Renaissance Society of america, the International Congress for Medieval Studies (Kalamazoo), the Sixteenth Century Society & Conference, the Society of Architectural Historians, the American Association of Italian Studies, and other venues.
- An annual lecture in Italy, jointly sponsored with the Samuel H. Kress Foundation
- Conferencetravel awards for students and emerging scholar members as well as Kress-funded grants for speakers traveling internationally in IAS-sponsored sessions
- A research and publications grant program to fund members at all levels, with new grants for dissertation research
- Support for graduate students and emerging scholars that includes a new mentoring program and a GoogleGroup
- A forum for the circulation of members’ publications and research interests
- A newsletter published three times a year
- An informative and comprehensive website
- Multiple social media outlets to share both IAS and general information about Italian art and architecture such as our Facebook and Academia.edu pages and our twitter feed
Looking to the future, and with even more great initiatives in the works, the IAS seeks your support as a member, so please join us in reaching our goals by becoming a member. Membership options begin at $20 for students and joining will allow you to stay on top of all that the IAS offers. And, since a membership purchased before December 31, 2015 is valid until January 1, 2017, you get four months of membership for free! You may check our list of current members on our website.
If you are wondering about other ways to support us, the IAS always welcomes contributions, and we are happy to work with donors to direct contributions toward specific purposes, including travel grant support and/or the establishment of research and/or publication funds. If you would like to donate while also purchasing a book on your favorite Italian artist, architect, or city, please shop via our Amazon Affiliates page, where a percentage of every purchase you make comes back to the IAS.
Join or renew today and help get the IAS Campaign for 500 off to a great start by sharing this post!