Call for Applications: Conference Travel Grant for Modern Topics
The Italian Art Society announces a grant of a minimum of $500 to support international conference travel by scholars working on Italian art from the early nineteenth century to the present.
Eligible scholars must be:
- U.S. or foreign scholars holding the Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree
- Undertaking transoceanic travel
- Planning to present a paper in an IAS-sponsored session at:
Any conference where the IAS is sponsoring a session on Italian art and architecture of the nineteenth to twenty-first centuries, such as: College Art Association (CAA), American association for Italian Studies (AAIS), Society of Architectural Historians (SAH).
Next application deadline: 8 October 2017. Deadlines will be twice a year, usually in October and February.
Please send the following as a single WORD or PDF document (with last name in title) via e-mail to the Chair of the IAS Awards Committee, Christian Kleinbub:
- an introductory cover letter indicating your IAS membership status
- a current two-page C.V.
- your paper abstract with session title and chair information
- a preliminary budget with airfare, ground transportation, and lodging information only
- a description of other possible travel funding sources
The IAS Awards Committee will determine the awarding of the grant, with final approval by the IAS Board of Directors. Funding must be used within one year of award date and a final report indicating actual expenses must be submitted to the IAS Treasurer and IAS President within one month of the funded conference travel.
Current IAS officials and committee members are not eligible to apply. Recipients must be members of the IAS at the time of application and upon receipt of the award, and may not have received an IAS award in the previous two years. Visit the IAS website for more information and membership details.