Membership dues support the activities of the Italian Art Society, including communications, meetings, sponsored conference sessions, receptions, lectures, and travel and research grants.
The IAS operates on a calendar year beginning January 1. Active membership depends on payment of annual dues. Lapsed member profiles remain on file, but privileges are suspended until renewal.
Annual Membership Benefit
Benefits for all membership levels include:
- Name listed in Membership Directory accessible from the IAS website
- Qualification to chair or present a paper in an IAS-Sponsored Conference Session
- Qualification to apply for IAS Grants and Awards
- Qualification to serve on IAS Board or Committees
- Invitations or notifications to attend the IAS Annual Meeting, Conference Receptions, Events, and Kress Lecture
- Ability to submit items for the newsletter (publications, dissertation topics, CFPs, etc.)
- Opportunities to volunteer at events and write guest blog posts
Patrono level and higher:
- Name listed by level on Membership page of the IAS website
- Donation letter with tax deductible amount acknowledged
Should you wish to make an additional tax-deductible contribution, please click here. All amounts contributed beyond regular or student dues are tax deductible.
New Sospeso Membership Option: Gifting Opportunity
A tradition with Neapolitan origins, a caffè sospeso, or “suspended coffee,” is an espresso paid for anonymously in advance. A person of means may purchase two cups of coffee at a bar when only consuming one so that a person in need who inquires later if there is a sospeso available may have a complimentary cup. The sospeso allows members of a community to support each other with anonymous acts of kindness.
When you join or renew for 2022, please consider purchasing an additional Sospeso Membership at any of the three most economical levels: Socio ($35), Studente ($20), or Pensionato ($20).
Eligible applicants will be able to request a one-year Sospeso Membership by contacting Katie Brown, Membership Chair. The Sospeso membership is intended for international (non-US-based) scholars, contingent faculty, emerging scholars (as defined for the ESC), independent scholars, and/or scholars from underrepresented demographics (BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, First Gen, etc.), whose papers have been accepted in IAS-sponsored conference sessions. They will be distributed, as available, on a first-come, first-served basis. Once speakers in IAS-sponsored sessions have been offered the opportunity of the Sospeso Membership, additional Sospesi can be claimed by scholars who apply.
|$1,000 or more/year||Join or Renew|
Partner IstituzionaleUniversity, Museum, or Non-profit Organization
|$250-$1,500 or more/year|
|$5,000 or more/year||Join or Renew|
|$1,000/year||Join or Renew|
|$500/year||Join or Renew|
|$250/year||Join or Renew|
|$100/year||Join or Renew|
The IAS is grateful to its supporters:
Partner Istituzionale Members
Donatore / Donatrice Members
Patrono / Patrona Members