Call for Applications: Emerging Scholars Travel Grants
The Italian ArtSociety is pleased toannounce the 2017 competition for TWO GRANTS of $500 each that support travelfor emerging scholars to one of the following:
- The College Art Association meeting Los Angeles, February 21-24, 2018
- The Renaissance Society of Americameeting in New Orleans, LA, March 22-24, 2018
- The International Congress for Medieval Studies in Kalamazoo, MI, May 10-13, 2018
- Any conference in 2018 where IAS is sponsoring a session
This competition is open to Master’sor Ph.D. students,or Ph.D. holders within ten years of the degree (pre-tenure, non-tenure-track or independent scholars). Applicants must be presenting a paper about the art or architecture of Italy from theprehistoric to the present at one of these 2018 conferences, but not necessarily in an IAS session.
Recipients must be members of the IAS at the time of application and upon receiptof the award, andmay not havereceived an IAS award in the previoustwo years. IAS officers and committee members are not eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 1 November 2017
Please send the following as a single WORD or PDF document(with last name in title)via e-mail to the Chair of the IAS Awards Committee:
- an introductory cover letter indicating your IAS membership status
- a current two-page C.V.
- your paper abstractwith session title and chair information
- a preliminary budget
- a description of other possibletravel funding sources(and their likelihood of success)
Award notification will be made by 1 December 2017.
The IAS Awards Committee will determine the awarding ofthe grant, with final approval by the Board of Directors. Funding must beused within the 2018 calendar year and a final report indicating actualexpenses must be submitted to the IAS Treasurer and IAS President by 31 December 2018. Visit the IAS website for more information and membership details.