Call for Applications: IAS Conference Travel Grant for Modern Topics
Eligible scholars must be:
- U.S. or foreign scholars holding a Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree
- Undertaking transoceanic travel
- Planning to present a paper in an IAS-sponsored session at any conference where the IAS is sponsoring a session on Italian art and architecture of the nineteenth to twenty-first centuries, such as: College Art Association (CAA), American Association for Italian Studies (AAIS), Society of Architectural Historians (SAH).
Please send the following as a single WORD or PDF document (with last name in title) via email no later that 20 February 2018 to the Chair of the IAS Awards Committee:
- an introductory cover letter indicating your IAS membership status;
- a current two-page C.V.;
- your paper abstract with session title and chair information;
- a preliminary budget with airfare, ground transportation, and lodging information only;
- a description of other possible travel funding sources
The IAS Awards Committee will determine the awarding of the grant, with final approval by the IAS Board of Directors. Funding must be used within one year of award date and a final report indicating actual expenses must be submitted to the IAS Treasurer and IAS President within one month of the funded conference travel.
Current IAS officials and committee members are not eligible to apply. Recipients must be members of the IAS at the time of application and upon receipt of the award, and may not have received an IAS award in the previous two years.
The Italian Art Society (IAS) is a professional organization dedicated to the study of Italian art and architecture from prehistory to the present. Visit www.italianartsociety.org for more information and membership details.