At a time when support for the study of the arts is often limited, it is of vital importance that scholars, students, museum professionals, and friends of the arts find communities to help empower their work and amplify their voices. The Italian Art Society (IAS) is one such community, and we hope that you will support us by joining or renewing your IAS membership for 2015.
As a professional organization dedicated to the study of Italian art and architecture from prehistory to the present day, the IAS has been active for more than a quarter of a century. Membership in IAS offers:
- A responsive and vibrant international members’ community
- Sponsored conference sessions and social gatherings at the College Art Association, Renaissance Society of America, International Conference for Medieval Studies (Kalamazoo), Sixteenth Century Society & Conference, Society of Architectural Historians, and other venues
- An annual lecture in Italy presenting recent work by an established North American scholar, jointly sponsored with the Samuel H. Kress Foundation
- Conference travel awards for student and emerging scholars as well as international speakers in IAS-sponsored sessions
- A research and publications grant program open to all members
- A network of special support for graduate students and emerging scholars
- A forum for the circulation of members’ publications and research interests
- Monthly IAS Notes sent via email and the IAS Newsletter, published three times a year
- Multiple media outlets to share IAS and general information about Italian art and architecture such as our website, Facebook, and academia.edu
- And IASBlog!
Annual dues for 2015 are $30 for regular members and $20 for students enrolled in college or graduate school. We have a new Patron level membership at $60 to allow for generous members to help fund our 30th Anniversary celebration and awards in 2017. Dues can be paid on line with a credit card or PayPal account through, or by U.S. check payable to the Italian Art Society.
We sincerely hope that when you reflect on the mission and activities of the IAS, you will decide to join or renew.