In a time when support for the study of the arts is often limited, it is of vital importance that scholars, students, museum professionals, and art lovers find communities that allow them to share and enhance their work and that provide networking opportunities. The Italian Art Society is one such community that we hope you will continue to support by renewing your IAS membership for 2016.
As a professional organization dedicated to the study of Italian art and architecture from prehistory to the present, the IAS has been active for nearly thirty years. Membership in IAS offers:
- Sponsored sessions and receptions at a number of conferences including the annual meetings of the College Art Association (CAA), the Renaissance Society of America (RSA), the International Congress on Medieval Studies (Kalamazoo), the Sixteenth Century Society & Conference (SCSC), the Society of Architectural Historians (SAH), the American Association of Italian Studies (AAIS), and other venues
- Co-sponsored conference sessions and social events with sister organizations.
- An annual lecture in Italy generously funded by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation.
- Conference travel awards for students and emerging scholar members as well as IAS and Kress-funded grants for speakers traveling internationally in IAS-sponsored panels. A new international travel grant for modernists has recently been initiated.
- A research and publications grant program to fund members at all levels, with two new grants for dissertation research.
- Support for graduate students and emerging scholars that includes a new mentoring program and a GoogleGroup.
- A forum for the circulation of members’ publications and research interests.
- A newsletter published three times a year.
- An informative and comprehensive website.
- Multiple social media outlets to share both IAS and general information about Italian art and architecture such as our Facebook and Academia.edu pages and our twitter feed.
- The IAS Blog that brings news of Italian art to its more than 7000 followers
Annual dues for 2016 are 30USD for regular members and 20USD for students enrolled in college or graduate school. We also offer Patron memberships at 60USD and Institutional/Benefactor memberships at 100USD. Dues may be paid on line or by U.S. check payable to the Italian Art Society.
The IAS has shifted to an electronic balloting process for the election of officers and committee members. To ensure your eligibility to vote in the January 2016 elections, please renew your membership by January 1, 2016. More information on the 2016 elections will be available soon.
We look forward to welcoming you at our annual Business Meeting at CAA in Washington, D.C., Friday, February 5, 2016, where we will announce the election results and address other issues before the membership; coffee and a light breakfast will be provided.
If you have already renewed your IAS membership for 2016, we thank you for your support!