After a forced hiatus of two years due to the pandemic, the IAS seeks a speaker for the 2022 IAS/Kress Lecture in Cortona.
The IAS/Kress Lecture seeks to promote intellectual exchange between North American art historians and scholars in Italy. The lecture, which will take place 30 June, 2022, is supported by the IAS and the Samuel H. Kress Foundation.
– Senior or established scholars based in North America (esteemed publication record and PhD required).
– Proposed lectures may address any period in Italian art from antiquity to the early 19th century (1800-1830), but must be related to the host city of Cortona, or its environs.
– Lectures may be given in English or Italian.
– Length: 45-50 minutes.
– Lectures must not have been previously published or presented.
– Applicants must be members of IAS at the time of application and the presentation of the lecture.
– Speaker must be available to present their lecture on the event date.
– Current IAS officers are not eligible to apply.
– Speaker must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to ensure ability to travel to Italy.
The presenter will receive an honorarium of $800 and a $1250 supplementary lecture allowance that may be used for travel, lodging, or translation expenses.
Submit here: https://www.italianartsociety.org/events/2022-ias-kress-lecture-in-italy-cortona/
Applicants should include a cover letter, a 250-500-word abstract of the proposed lecture, and a current CV.
Questions should be directed to IAS President Sarah Wilkins. If you submit a proposal and do not receive confirmation of receipt, please contact Dr. Wilkins.