REMINDER: EIGHTH ANNUAL IAS/KRESS LECTURE PROPOSALS DUE 15 JANUARY
The Italian Art Society seeks a speaker for the 2017 IAS/Kress Lecture in Bologna, Italy, to promote intellectual exchange between North American art historians and scholars in Italy. The lecture will take place on 7 June, 2017, in the Aula Magna of the former monastery of Santa Cristina that now houses the Department of the Arts – Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna. The lecture is supported by the IAS and the Samuel H. Kress Foundation.
Those submitting proposals must meet the following qualifications:
- The speaker must be a senior or established scholar based in North America who holds the Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree and who has a solid publication record.
- The proposed lecture may address any period in Italian art from antiquity through the early nineteenth century, but must be related to the host city of Bologna or its environs.
- The lecture may be given in English or Italian, should be approximately 45-50 minutes in length, and may not have been previously published or presented at another conference or venue.
- The applicant must be a member of the IAS at time of application and presenting the lecture.
- The speaker must be available to present his or her lecture on 7 June, 2017.
- Current IAS officers and committee members are not eligible to apply.
The presenter will receive an honorarium of $800.00 and a $1250.00 supplementary lecture allowance that may be used for travel, lodging, or translation expenses.
Applications should include a cover letter, a one-to-two page abstract of the proposed lecture, and a current CV (submitted in a single PDF or Word document)
Application Deadline 15 January, 2017.